Monday, June 11, 2012

Three months (plus one week)

Oops. This post is a bit late...

C is now three months old...plus one week.

He is still growing like...well, like a healthy breastfed baby! I don't know his exact weight, but I'm guessing it must be around 18 pounds. He almost needs 12-month onesies and sleepers now.

My mom got him a really cute outfit-- shirt, pants, and tie-- which is size 3-6 months. I dressed him up in it yesterday to wear to church, but then he ended up spitting up all over it and so we had to change him. The shirt and tie fit perfectly, but the pants are already almost too tight. I really want it to still fit when we have our family portraint done (trying to schedule it for sometime this month), but we'll have to see. I'm thinking if I take a disposable diaper along and put him in that right before we take pictures, the pants will probably fit better than they do when he's in cloth.

He's been really fussy lately, which I chalk up to teething. He's been awfully drooly. We've had some pretty rough days and nights. I always say, it's a mercy babies have such short-term memories, because it must be so traumatic to be a baby!

He smiles and giggles a lot, in between his fussy times. Whenever I'm feeling down, all I have to do is look at my baby and give him a big smile and he smiles right back and perks me up every time :)

I used the baby money from my grandparents to buy a new umbrella stroller, and a couple of plastic drawer sets for C's clothes. Now we can finally use the pack-n-play for what it was designed for. Except now whenever I lay C in it, Z comes over and wants to climb in with him and I have to keep a close eye on him to make sure he stays on the outside.

Can't think of much else to report on regarding our (third) handsome little man. He's sleeping on my lap as I type this; my behind is starting to go numb, though, so I'm going to have to lay him down soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment