Friday, February 18, 2011

Me? Organized?

Today, I watched the kids of a friend of mine. She brought them over, along with some food for their lunch. She went into my kitchen to put the food away, and this is what she saw:









Now, what she said to me was something along the lines of, "You sure are organized; I wish my house were this organized."

Really? Me? Organized?

And, was she serious? Because looking at the above pics, that does not look like the kitchen of an "organized" person to me.

I mean, I do *try* to be organized. But, I usually fail miserably. At least in my own estimation (apparently my friend would beg to differ).

But really, if you find something in my house that is truly organized, it is most likely due to one of the following four reasons:

A. I *just* organized it (and lucky for you, you get to see it before the hurricane blows through).
B. It's an area I rarely touch, and so has simply not had the opportunity to become *dis*organized.
C. It's pretty much self-maintaining and has only *one* designated purpose-- like a knife rack, or a silverware drawer.
D. I use the area *every day,* even several times a day, and so I actually care about it enough to keep it perpetually functional.

Otherwise, all bets are off.

No comments:

Post a Comment