Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Tangled Skein

I was reminded yesterday, why I haven't been crocheting much lately.

I started a new crochet project a couple days ago, and now I have a hopelessly-tangled skein of yarn that I've spent at least four hours so far trying to untangle with very slow progress. I tried during the day to untangle it some, and kept having to deal with my toddler wanting to sit on my lap and continue to get into my yarn, which would have been completely counter-productive, so I had to give up on the endeavor until later.

We actually got the kids down to bed at a decent hour tonight, so after they were down, N__ helped me do some more untangling, and we had a nice conversation together. We haven't gotten many of those lately...

It's not so much that I mind having to untangle my yarn once in a while. Actually, it can be a rather relaxing and satisfying activity in a way. I enjoyed it when my husband and I were just sitting there together, chatting and untangling the yarn.

N__ pointed out to me, that I could make it a little easier by cutting the skein in a couple spots to make it easier to unravel...I told him that went against my paradigm lol. Though, of course he's right, I could do that...but, I just can't bring myself (yet) to cut a perfectly-good skein of yarn.

I need to make myself one of these: Yarn Saver Go Green Pattern in PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment