Saturday, May 14, 2011

Kitchen Creation Number Two: Oatmeal Cookies for One

You know what it's like. I can't be the only one. You get a craving for a cookie, so you get up and bake a batch. But if you're anything like me, a whole dozen cookies manage to disappear before you've even pulled the last sheet of cookies out of the oven. Not to mention what happens with the other two dozen or so cookies over the course of the next day or two. And it all started with a craving for just one cookie.

The following is a recipe I came up with that will help you satisfy your craving for a fresh-baked treat without facing the temptation of a whole 2-4 dozen cookies.

Note: These cookies will turn out rather cakey, so if you want a crispy cookie, this won't work for you.

Oatmeal Cookies for One

Ingredients:
1 pkg. flavored instant oatmeal (I used Maple & Brown Sugar)
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3 Tbsp. wheat flour

Mix, then add: 1/4 cup water

(Optional) You may decide to add a handful of chocolate chips, nuts, coconut, or whatever else you feel like.

Spoon onto greased baking sheet, and bake at 375 degrees for around 10 minutes.

I used my toaster oven, with the broiler pan as the baking sheet.

Makes approximately 4 cookies

The finished product. I'd already eaten two cookies before I thought to take a picture... 

2 comments:

  1. Of COURSE this happens to me too! lol You are a genius! Thanks for the recipe! It's oatmeal too, so its "healthy" --- RIGHT? hehe thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! Sylvia, I'm glad I saw you blog link on facebook!:)

    ReplyDelete