Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Single Mom" for a Weekend

So for the past two days Nick has been gone to a Wood Badge training camp. He left early Thursday and will be home around dinner time tonight (Saturday). I want to say that these three days without him have been challenging and unbearable, that I am a mess, and the boys are a mess without their Daddy. But, that really isn't the case.

We have all done surprisingly well. Though of course we all have missed him, and will be joyful for his return.

The first night, Z woke up in the middle of the night and joined me in bed. He started calling Daddy's name, and wondering where he was as he was not in the bed. I had to tell him that Daddy was gone for a few days, and he got very sad.

We get to do this all again in a few more weeks (Wood Badge takes up two separate weekends).

I am very grateful to not be a single mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment