Monday, June 6, 2011

Saturday at the Farmer's Market

I wish I had taken a picture, but I didn't. I took my boys for a walk to the Farmer's Market on Saturday, and there was a woman standing there in full bridal attire. At first I thought it was a manakin, as her face was painted entirely white, and she was standing perfectly still. It was startling. A little bit creepy, too. I kind of attempted to ask her a question, and all she did was blink. I wanted to just stand there and admire the "statue," but I felt too self-conscious to stick around. She had a box at her feet with some cash thrown in and a sign above it reading "thank you." I didn't throw in any cash; I had so little, and was there to buy tomato starts. But, it was pretty impressive; especially as it was quite warm and sunny that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment