Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Trip to Massachusetts

Just got back yesterday from a week-long trip to Massachusetts. Pictures and videos will come later. But for now, our trip in a nutshell, in the form of a bullet point list of thoughts-- some of which may be expounded upon later.

1. My toddler hates flying. I have probably scarred him for life.
2. My four-year-old refuses to accept that mountains seen from an altitude of 3,000 feet are still mountains.
3. I still sunburn, even at age 26. My husband still sunburns at age 33.
4. I was reminded again how much I love Boston.
5. I missed the smell of fresh mountain air. Sea air smell is not unpleasant, but it's so different from what I'm used to.
6. My hair gets wavy in high humidity.
7. My sister-in-law's husband is a riot when playing tabletop games.
8. Jigsaw puzzles are so much more enjoyable when I have someone else to do them with, and when I just don't concern myself with finishing the sky.
9. My four-year-old cried and cried about wanting to go home, and then when it was finally time to go, he cried and cried that he didn't want to leave!
10. If I lived in a major East Coast city, I would always use the public transit. And I would love it.
11. My husband is GREAT :)
12. I like food waaaay too much.
13. I hate how my voice sounds when it's hoarse; I feel like I'm yelling all the time just to be heard.
14. Sleeping on an airplane is not recommended. Neither is getting up at 3 AM to catch a 6 AM flight.
15. My toddler slept from 7:00 PM to 6 AM last night. ALL IN HIS OWN BED. He was so exhausted, though, I don't expect it will become a habit, sadly.
16. Knock-knock jokes get really annoying after a while, especially when they're being told by a four-year-old.
17. I wish I had noticed that solitary piece of Shredded Wheat on the kitchen floor before we left for the week; now I've come home to a sugar ant invasion.
18. Seat Belt Bags!
19. I like rain. And overcast days.
20. The ocean is nice, but I love my Mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment