Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weaning weekend

This past weekend, I left the boys and my husband behind to take a trip down to Rexburg, ID to visit my sister and brother. I got to meet each of their fiancees, and I had a wonderful, relaxing time with them all. Got to have some good bonding time with my future sister-in-law, and enjoyed joking around and reminiscing with my brother and sister. Saw all the rennovations that have been done at my old college since I left there seven years ago, and it was astounding. I wished I had remembered my camera. Now I want to go back sometime with Nick so that he can see it, too.

Back home, things were not as relaxing for my poor husband. The boys ran him ragged, and on top of that he had to deal with Z's tantrums in the middle of the night when I wasn't there to nurse him. I am so grateful for my Nicholas and all his support and patience throughout this past weekend.

Yes, Z is-- for all intents and purposes-- weaned at last. I still haven't dried up completely. But, the four days away were really just what Z needed to convince him that he doesn't need to nurse all the time. He's asked to nurse a few times since I got back home, but he's been pretty easy to distract and hold off. I haven't nursed him at all since I got back, so if I can just hold out for a few more days or so, I'm thinking we'll have reached a new "normal" around here.

Z went down for bed a whole lot better last night than he used to. I really just think things will be better in general for everyone now that he's weaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment