Friday, February 3, 2012

Difference between me and my husband

So, I am obviously not much of an artist. But the cartoon below attempts to illustrate the difference between my husband and me when we go to bed-- particularly in the wintertime. He is almost always too cold, and I am almost always too hot. He tries to crank up the thermostat in our room right before bed, and I always want to keep it turned off (the heater is right behind our bed and it makes my pillow too hot!). I win, of course, based on the fact that he can always add more layers to his side of the bed, but there's only so much I can remove...I've also explained to him that if it ever gets too cold in our room even for me, at least then he'll have a much better chance that I'll want to snuggle with him and sleep closer. Otherwise, I tend to want to shove him as far to the other side of the bed as I can so I don't have to feel his body heat when I'm already too hot to sleep. But even when he keeps the thermostat off, it is still often a little too warm for my liking...poor guy can't win. I still cuddle with him on occasion, but it usually doesn't last long before I start to sweat and have to scoot away. It's especially a problem when I'm pregnant, i.e., housing a little furnace inside me.


Hopefully the words are all legible. The first panel shows a little "x-ray vision" for the purpose of showing what I usually wear to bed, vs. what he wears.

No comments:

Post a Comment