Sunday, May 13, 2012

Two Months

I'm about a week and a half late, but C is now two months old.

He weighed 14 lbs. 14 oz. at his 2-month well-baby check.

He is already wearing 9-month sleepers. He can still wear 6-month onesies, though, as long as they're short-sleeved. And he still fits into 3-month pants (all my boys have stubby legs, haha).

Now that it has warmed up, he loves to be outside. We've taken several walks. This evening the boys were playing outside and I put C out in his carrier and he was perfectly content to be left alone out there just looking around and enjoying the breeze. When I brought him in, he got so mad.

A few days ago, he started smiling and even giggling a little. Today at church he really enjoyed the attention people gave him; he's becoming quite social :)

Earlier today, when I needed to calm him down, I tried holding a mirror up to his face, and he stared at himself for several minutes.

I'm still trying to figure out what this recurring diaper rash is that he keeps getting, and what exactly is causing it. Our pediatrician is of the opinion that, if it were yeast, it should be gone by now after all I've tried to treat it. He suggested I try eliminating milk from my diet for a while and see if that helps. So I'm sort-of dairy-free right now, but not completely yet as I'm still working out how to keep myself well-fed when I can't use any dairy! Especially since, being on WIC, we have so much milk and other dairy products. It's especially difficult figuring out what to fix myself for breakfast; I have a feeling I'm going to get pretty tired of eating eggs every single day (not to mention the challenge of keeping my fridge stocked with at least a week's-worth of eggs; my boys are bound to want them, too, if I'm eating them-- they love eggs). It's also going to be difficult to cut cheese from my diet. And do I have to eliminate butter, too?! Gee, it's already hard enough keeping myself from losing too much weight as it is; now I'm having to cut some of my best weight-gain/weight-maintaining foods.

All-in-all, C is still a very good, pretty easy baby. The boys still enjoy him-- Z especially. We are happy to have him in our family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment