Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What boys like to talk about...

The following real conversations have taken place in our house over the last few months:

Z: G_! G_! I'm getting a bigger penis! [runs to me] Mom! My penis is growing!
Me: Oh? Maybe it means you need to go pee.
Z: No! [indignant] I'm growing into...a young man!

[I am in the process of putting Isaac into his pajamas; G is still naked]
Me: G_, it's time to put on your pajamas.
G: But I'm playing with my penis!
Me: It's time to stop.
Z: [upset because he already has a diaper on] Uh! I want to play with my penis, too!

[G and Z are on the couch in their towels after a bath]
G: Mom! Look! We're pretending our penises are worms!
Z: Yeah! They're going into their holes!

Only from the mouths of children can the stuff be considered cute and not crude...I just hope I can teach them some...er, discretion, by the time they get a little older...*cough*

2 comments: