Thursday, July 5, 2012

Four Months

I'm only one day late this month!

C weighed in at 17 lbs. 13 oz. at the WIC office today. He also measured at 27 inches, though I don't trust the accuracy of length measurements so much. I could still believe it, though-- he really is a long baby, and now wearing 12 month sleepers and onesies.

He loves to smile and laugh, and enjoys all the attention he can get, especially from his big brothers.

I have to say, I was worried before C was born, that Z would be jealous of the baby; but he absolutely dotes on his little brother and calls him "my baby." I actually have to fight Z sometimes to let me change the baby's diaper or nurse; we've had many a gentle "tug-of-war" over the poor kid already.

Now that it's warm outside I've been having C out as much as possible. He is always so happy to be outside, and objects whenever I try to bring him in. He's taken a few "catnaps" out front in his stroller, though I don't let him nap in the stroller often as those naps never last very long.

Some nights he sleeps several hours, but most nights he wakes more frequently. He still falls asleep around 7 or 8, and then wakes up between 9 and 10 and won't go back to sleep until 11 or even midnight. A bit exhausting at times; but at least he takes a good long sleep in the morning to make up for it; sometimes even the boys sleep in, so I get a more-or-less peaceful morning before the chaos begins...

He really enjoyed watching the fireworks on the 4th of July. I was worried he'd get upset at all the loud sounds, but he just sat on my lap and watched the pretty flashing lights; and when we got home that night, he went right down and slept for eight whole hours!

Teething is full-blown now. He drenches his onesies with drool; or if he's resting on our shoulders we have burp rags to protect out clothes and he drenches those, too. He gets fussy sometimes, but he's also taken to sucking on his hands/fingers to soothe himself (I used to put socks on his hands to keep him from scratching himself and others; but I've given up on that because he just kept drenching the socks). I have a box of teething tablets I bought a few weeks ago, but I keep forgetting to use them :/

He really is a good, happy baby, and so well loved by all of us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment