Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life is a Video Game

We got a new game for our Wii a week or so ago, called My Sims. G and I have been playing it together, since it's a bit difficult for him to manage on his own. It's fun, and cute, and all that. G likes it, and it keeps me interested for the most part, too.

Anyway, the last few days G has taken to pretending that he is in his own video game. He calls it "Super G__ World." He wanders around, jumping, making sound effects, and all that. If his Daddy or I call to him to do something else, he'll "pause" his other activity first. Earlier today, he informed me that he was "Player Two," and Daddy was "Player One." He even told me the made-up name of the kid who was playing his "character," though I don't remember it as it was a gibberish name.

He's becoming more and more imaginative as he grows older. It's rather gratifying, and entertaining, too. I indulge his fantasy as much as I can, while also reminding him that sometimes he has to live in the "real world."

No comments:

Post a Comment