Monday, April 18, 2011

Yep.

Z's new word for the day was "Yep." It was so stinkin' cute every time he said it. Before now, whenever he wanted to answer in the affirmative to something, he'd just kind of grunt and nod his head. But not today. Today he finally found a word to express himself.

"Z, do you want some oranges?"

"Yep."

"Is that good?"

"Yep."

On and on, all day. So cute. And probably the only reason I didn't feel more like shutting him in a room somewhere, because he was asking to nurse constantly today. This nursing-my-toddler-like-he's-a-newborn phase is really wearing me out. I am so ready to be done already. But, my kid apparently has other plans. Anyway, he just got a couple of molars in lately, so maybe he's still got more coming and he's just doing it more for the comfort than anything else (he never did take to the binky, unfortunately).

I remember a similar phase with my oldest-- the "yep" thing, not the nursing. Some of G's phrases that I remember (he went through them in stages), were "uh-huh," "sure," "of course," and even more recently at age four, "absolutely." Interesting to witness how thier vocabulary grows and changes over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment